This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
Help🤔 I’m just on with trying to put the Interceptor back together but have come up with a problem, engine in the frame, swingarm on (loose fitted) but I’ve noticed the alloy gearbox extension (not sure on the correct name) isn’t butting up to the frame, it’s ended up with a gap on one side🤔 the swing arm bushes have been replaced with the correct distance tube etc
Hope the above makes some sense, any thoughts 🙄 Thanks🤞
IMG_0829.jpeg
Attachments
IMG_0830.jpeg
IMG_0827.jpeg
Hello, looks to me the gap between the back of the top hat spacer (which is the correct way round) and the swinging arm is too big, would expect it to be about a millimetre

Firstly I assume the alloy gearbox bracket is the one previously to the bike and all was good.

If so couple of things to check
When you tighten the swing arm nuts does this gap get smaller, if it does then the metalastic bushes are not pressed in enough. If not then the centre tube in the metalastic bushes is tight against the centre spacer which is correct

Next assemble and tighten up all the spacers and studs on the bottom engine plates. As you do this check that everything is a good fit and nothing is stressed. All the spacers are a good find and the bottom engine plates are a good fit and not forced to bend as you tighten things.

If there are any issues in assembling the bottom engine plate then it suggest the metalastic bushes are incorrect as tightening the swinging arm spindle sets the width of the frame tubes under the gearbox and hence fit meant of the engine plates

Richard
I’m wondering 🤔 if the bushes are correct, maybe protruding to far out? After powder coating I let a engineer press them in, including the spacer, maybe not pressed in enough or just wrong?
Any idea if there is a measurement how far they should protrude, I know a few mm’s was mentioned which is much less then current🤔🙄

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles