This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Daiwiskers
Just remembered another thing to check is the oil feed quill and cork if the bike has been standing the cork may have deformed or displaced itself also the quill can separate from the banjo bolt
Some of the after market banjo bolts are not great get one from our host's and some spare corks
Hope this helps Dai
By TexasChris
Hey Folks,

I wanted to come back with the solution to this odd situation...however, I haven't got anything to report!

I changed the oil, checked the valves, adjusted the clutch...and I've gone riding a handful of times. At first "gently" but now, just normally and its running great, no weird noises and no cutting out or locking up. No clues as to what caused my initial issue.

I guess it could still happen at some point, but as its stands everything is behaving. I've just had my breather recirculation kit arrive, so going to get that set up to try to prevent my oil level dropping again.

But otherwise and bit of a "none" ending for now. Sorry. I'll be sure to update if anything else interesting happens though...

Thanks again for all the responses and info.
Chris

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles