This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By MadMike

Mo, I can see that you have had, as appears normal on here, lots of very good positive adice.

However in answer to your basic question "Should I buy an Enfield?" The answer can only be YES YES YES.

If the look of an old classic, but hopefully in a modern form is what you want then just go ahead and do it, buy one. You will have no pleasure later in life by saying "I really wish I had bought that Enfield". Remember life is for real, there is no dress rehearsal.

It matters not a jot what you want in the way of a bike, indeed that is why I have a garage full of them, if you want one then just go ahead and get it. Then remember where you got all this wonderful advice and let us see some pictures. Indee you should make a point of meeting some people on here. i am in Leicestershire near J21 of the M1, and if you want to come and try some bikes for size you will be most welcome. If you want to come to Madmikes Gathering on 27th may in Leicestershgire then you, and everybody else here have an invitation to come along.

Happy bike hunting.

By Alan R
Hey Mo---If your'e based in Solihull then why not pop down 't road and visit a place called-----------------------Hitchcocks Motorcycles !!-------------- Rumour has it they seem to know something about this illustrious marque--or so I've been told. Apparently there is also a very knowledgeable staff who are friendly and helpful. AND---they have  some bikes there to have a sit on and play with for a while. NICE :]  Mad Mike---Can you give us some more details ?? I fancy a ride over from Shropshire in the spring. 
By rustygman
Mo - you have had plenty of sound advice here, the only thing i would add is that you mentioned your hip is not 100% but if you feel yourself drawn towards the iron barrels I can vouch that the kick start is incredibly easy on the 350. Mine needs the gentlest of prods and it fires up every time. But whatever you favour just buy one, i have never regretted it for a moment.
By MadMike

Alanr, and indeed anybody else who is interested, MadMikes Gathering is a very informal "gathering" that I arrange a couple of times a year at my local. The first one this year is on Sunday 27th May and it will be held as usual at The Bulls Head, on the A47 approximately 4 miles north of Mallory Park if you are heading towards Leicester. Of course it is approx 4 miles north of Mallory Park if you take the A47 out of Leicester towards Hinckley.

The "gathering" starts at 11:00 when Alan the landlord opens the doors and can last all day until the last person goes home, and that is usually me. No prizes, no entry fees, just a large pub car park with, hopefully loads of classic bikes and even some classic riders. the pub has good beer and loads of good food, including a carvery. It is NOT a bikers pub so please leave any wheelying crotch rockets at home.

You will certainly meet me, and if anybody has frequented the RC message board or the new classicbikersclub forum you will almost certainly met some of the strange people that inhabit t'intrnettyweb. Hopefully you will also meet some people from here as well. Putting faces to names is a greatr experience believe me. All invited but please do try and bring your classic.......if it broken, poorly or still in a state of disrepair then come along anyway. 

By Alan R
Hello MadMike----------- have just "visited" The Bull on Google---looks v. rural. Have booked 2 royal Enfields and a B40 for a ride over on Sun 7th May. Any one else up for it ??
By MadMike

Alan I assume you really mean the 27th May!!!

Let me know nearer the day, I shall keep remo=inding people on here, and I will make sure that full directions etc are available.

I look forward to meeting you and any others from here on 27th May. 

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles