This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By black fingernail
Just my luck, now we can go for a nice ride, my bullet has been knocked over !!
Luckily not much damage, the l/h footrest seems to have taken most of the clunk. the main problem I have, is the clutch lever is broken, I've looked on our host's site but it seems they are now unobtainable !!
Does anyone have one buried in their shed to swap for beer tokens?
The other alternative, I suppose, is welding, is the alloy weldable? has anyone tried it?
Any assistance gratefully received.
By Daiwiskers
Can't help with the lever
But if you cut your levers half way through near the ball just the ball snaps off
Also I leave my levers slightly loose so they can slip round the bars and not snap
Not sure if the levers you have can be left slightly loose if not cut half way

May be of some help when you get new lever Dai
By Adrian
Both of those links lead back to a page saying that these are no longer available, so it might be worth a phone call to see if this has changed.

Meanwhile I had a look at the Venhill UK site in case our hosts still don't have replacements, and I wonder if the blade out of this might be the same pattern as fitted to the Indian switch cluster.

https://www.venhill.co.uk/clutch-lever- ... n-535.html

It looks like they might also have dog-leg lever blades for sale separately, both (cable) brake and clutch which might fit the switch gear if you want to replace as a pair. Check your lever against what's shown on their site, you never know.

A.
By black fingernail
How weird, on our host's site it says that it is no longer available in the description, but, the price is there , and it has allowed me to place an order !
We'll see if it works.
Sorry Stink, the levers are completely different on each side, the clutch is 'male' and the brake is 'female'. these are interesting bikes.
By Haggis
Hitchcock's also say,

Important Note: These clutch levers are no longer available. However, there is a kit for converting to the modern Minda clutch lever (NOT including brake lever). This consists of the lever and the other necessary parts: switch gear, decompressor lever, cables etc., that will also be required.

For 1988 to 1997 models see - Part Number: 92556 (see "Related Items" below for details).
For 1998 to 1999 models see - Part Number: 92558 (see "Related Items" below for details).
By black fingernail
Haggis wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:31 pm
Hitchcock's also say,

Important Note: These clutch levers are no longer available. However, there is a kit for converting to the modern Minda clutch lever (NOT including brake lever). This consists of the lever and the other necessary parts: switch gear, decompressor lever, cables etc., that will also be required.

For 1988 to 1997 models see - Part Number: 92556 (see "Related Items" below for details).
For 1998 to 1999 models see - Part Number: 92558 (see "Related Items" below for details).
It is very confusing, (especially for a senile old #!@% like me), I think I'll give them a call tomorrow just to clear up whether I have one on the way or not.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles